Saturday 14 July 2012

Day 16: Saturday; Today I woke up really late, around 11:00 my time. It was raining so we took a cab to the British Museum and saw an Egypt exhibit. Then we walked to another museum across the bridge  on the other side of the Thames. We didn't see much in there but what we saw was so boring, my dad was even bored by it. We walked home after that but mum was late coming from her dance class. Then we took the subway to Covent Garden to meet my Aunt Nadine. She took us for dinner at an Indian restaurant called Moti Mahal, really good but so spicy. Then she gave us an awesome tour including to a really big m&m store. There were 4 floors of m&m things, from m&m's to pillows to kitchen ware, Jewelry and paintings. When we come back to London in a year I am going to get one of the pillows. We also saw Covent Garden, China Town, Big Ben and the London Eye. It was really great. Good night!!

2 comments:

  1. When you were at the British Museum, did you see he Rosetta Stone in the Egypt gallery? If you did what did you learn about it, why was it an important part of history?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I saw the Rosseta Stone and I learned that it was a translation rock for Hieroglyphics. It had the same text written in several languages.

    ReplyDelete