Saturday 29 December 2012

Dec. 29: Today we were out all day long. First we headed to see an art museum and had lunch there too. I liked the art and it was inspiring to see. Then we went to the Salzburg Castle and stayed there for the rest of the day. While we were there we went to a couple museums and got a tour. We also had dinner and a show at the castle. The show was a classical concert that included Motzart. Now we are all ready for bed bye.
View from the museum



Chuck Close exhibit








4 comments:

  1. I love your photo of you being the marrionette master. The artist Chuck Close is one of the current world art masters. We saw him recently on several TV programs and saw one of his self portraits at the Met in NYC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chuck Close exhibit was pretty exciting - can't wait for some more art lessons

      Delete
  2. Hi Isa,
    You likely do not remember me. I only met you a couple of times when you were younger but my husband Chris worked with your dad. We are hoping to meet up with you in Europe in the spring so I thought I would read your blog to see what you have done so far. What a brilliant chronicle of your adventures!!! I have read the whole thing from start to finish (including your essay on Rembrandt which was really interesting...I wondered why he did better for a while after he cut of a piece of his ear? Sounds like a troubled guy. You have made me curious to look more into his story). The whole blog is really cool. Sounds like you are having a great time. Love that you just saw Mozart in the Salzburg castle. Is your mom standing next to a rowing machine or a torture device in the pic above (perhaps it is both??). Hope we will see you all in the Spring. Thanks for the blog. It has kept me entertained for hours!!!
    Sarah Brawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of torture devices in these castles but not used in a long time. I hope you can join us. Perhaps Italy.

      Delete