Thursday 3 January 2013

Jan. 3:
Today I woke up late and went to a Mc. Donald's. Then mum and dad went to pick up tickets and meet a cat. Then we all went on bus tour of Vienna and stopped at the Schonbrunn Palace. The palace had lots of gold and our guide had some funny stories about the Austrian empire that was run from here. One storey was how Maria Theresia got her nickname "the mother-in-law of Europe" by marrying off her children (she had 16) to other royal families including Marie Antoinet to Louis XVI. Thus she made the Habsburg empire the biggest in Europe not thru war but thru weddings. I also got a cute shirt with two cats and a mouse. Then for dinner we went for sushi. The sushi was so good even dad said he would go again. Now we are reading The Hobbit and knitting till bed. Bye!








Schonbrunn Palace




Palace ball room
Maria Therisia enthroned 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with your ongoing history lessons. On thing I hope you see in the palace are the stables for the white Lippenzaner horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love your new t-shirt - I wonder if you've tried my 'art gallery extender' for when you've seen too many art works in one day - you look for the cats and dogs in the pictures - usually in the foreground - I see a couple of puppies in the picture you included in today's blog - spookie is sitting with me as I write this and he thinks you should only look for cats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those puppies were Maria Therisia's favorites and you can see them stuffed here in the natural history museum.

      Delete