Wednesday 26 September 2012



pizza
 Sept 26:
Sorry I didn't write for a little because we had bad wifi, but now I am back. The first day that I didn't write we were just moving to St. Emillion. We got on a really crowded metro train when we left Paris, I was worried we wouldn't be able to get off at our stop or that one of us would get left behind.
But it worked out okay.  Then we got on a long train ride down south to Libourne, that was comfortable. After a short drive we arrived in St. Emillion, it is a very nice little town. The second day we were in St. Emillion we went for pizza and then a tour of the underground monuments, they dug out a huge church from the limestone in the late 1100s (now they have to support the underground columns  with very ugly metal braces because the tower on the top, that they added later,  is too heavy and not centred), it was still very cool though. Then we did a scavenger hunt around the town, it was like solving a mystery and very fun. Now the third day in St. Emillion which is today we were going to go to a winery a bit far away, but they had no room for us so I stayed home while mum and dad did some walking. On our way out for dinner I met a very cute, small orange kitty which I fed some cat treats, we didn't have our camera with us so I don't have a picture unfortunately. That's all for today. bye bye! Tomorrow we leave St. Emillion and are going canal cruising for 4 days so we won't have wifi again, I might not be able to write to you until after that.
need a corkscrew
scavenger hunt



Beautiful town





dinner in the wine cave





5 comments:

  1. Isa, I'm sorry I haven't been commenting; I'm guilty of enjoying your blog but not responding. I went to Chicago for a 50 mile race and when I came back I was on call for a week. It was a crazy busy week. It sounds like you've been under the weather. I'm guessing you are feeling better. Glad to hear that you're feeding all the stray kitties in Europe. I'm going to bring you some Temptation treats when we meet you in Spain. Do you want me to bring anything else for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we actually have started buying cat treats so no need to bring anything

      Delete
  2. Hi Isa
    That's some wine cellar your mom and dad are in. They must have been in their glory. How many bottles did they drink? What is the diploma for? Did you get it for winning in the scavenger hunt? It looks great.
    Love, gung-gung and nanu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't count the bottles but the diploma was for a scavenger hunt.

      Delete
  3. wow the pizza makes me hungry and perhaps it should be tried with a glass of St Emillion

    ReplyDelete